Total Population of Registered Live Births
For the month of June 2014, the total number of registered live births in the entire province of Batangas is 4,386 (as seen in Table 1), with a daily average of about 146 live births per day.
Batangas City noted the most number of registered live births with 727. This was 16.6 percent of the total number of registered births in Batangas. It was followed by Lipa City and Tanauan City with 675 and 447 registered live births, respectively. These top three cities comprised 42.2 percent of the total registered live births in the province.
Meanwhile, the municipality of Agoncillo registered the least number, with 7 live births, followed by San Nicolas and Sta. Teresita both with 11 registered live births.
The total number of marriage occurrence during the month of June was 1,300.
Batangas City registered the highest number of marriages which is 15.8 percent (205) of the total. Next in rank was Lipa City with 163, Rosario (81) and Tanauan City (80).
The least number of marriages was recorded in the municipality of Tingloy and Santa Teresita with 5 and 6 registered marriages, respectively.
Marriages by Type of Ceremony…
Majority of the marriages were solemnized under church rites with a total of 782 or 60.15 percent of the total marriages registered in the province.
Marriages under civil ceremony followed with 433 cases or 33.31 percent of the total married couples. The remaining 6.46 percent or 84 of the listed marriages were solemnized under other ceremony
It was noted that there is one marriage solemnized under Muslim rites.
The registered death occurrences for the month of June totaled to 1,289 (as seen in Table 4) of which 59.2 percent or 763 were males and the remaining 40.8 percent or 526 were females. This means that more males were registered to have succumbed to death than females, resulting to death sex ratio of 132.
In terms of the highest number of death cases, the leading city is Batangas City with a total of 235 deaths followed by Lipa City with 182.
On the other hand, Mataasnakahoy and San Nicolas had the least registered death both with 3 death cases reported.